University of Colorado – Colorado Springs Boulder, CO January 1995 – May 1999 Anthropology / Archaeology
Front Range Community College May 2016 – PresentPart time online student – Multimedia Graphic Design AAS
Administrative Assistant to Business & Operations/HR Support First Presbyterian Church, Boulder, CO June 2011 – November 2016
- Edit quarterly magazine and weekly bulletin.
- Prepare invoices, enter weekly contributions, and reconcile bank account, quarterly sales tax records and un-cashed checks.
- Answer phones, assist and direct visitors and vendors.
- Process payroll, assist with employee PTO balances including year-end carry over balancing.
- Onboard new staff and interns including forms, computer, email, telephone, safety and sexual harassment orientation, van training and parking pass distribution.
- Update “Job Opportunities” webpage using Ekklesia system.
- Create signage, brochures and media materials for events and programs.
- Coordinate room reservations and prepare spreadsheets for business and operations meetings.
- Overall event coordination for Bike to Work Day and food preparation for Annual Dinner.
- Develop spreadsheets and maintain database of contracts and inspections, including scheduling and doing necessary paperwork to keep compliant with state and federal facilities requirements.
- Create and maintain parking permit spreadsheet, record and distribute permits for parking lot, including tracking license plates of violations.
- Distribute and deliver messages, items and mail to staff mailboxes and offices as well as email communication to all-staff.
- Notary for members and visitors.
- Run reports for weekly facilities reservations to operations staff.
Administrative Assistant to ROOTS
First Presbyterian Church, Boulder, CO June 2009 – June 2011
- Created and updated brochures using Publisher and created and designed bulletin boards, highlighting past and upcoming events.
- Planned events on minor and major scale – from scheduling rooms and creating flyers to planning “50+ Years of Marriage” event with over 100 participants including food, program and collecting photographs of couples for games, nametags, and promotional materials.
- Designed menu for monthly Silver Threads menu.
- Updated ROOTS webpage using Ekklesia system.
- Updated ROOTS Facebook page.
Madison House Publicity, Boulder, CO October 2002 – March 2006
- Wrote and edited press releases and quarterly newsletters.
- Work with president of company to develop publicity campaigns and long-range marketing goals.
- Managed data entry, press and client archival, and development of office systems.
- Research media contacts and publicity opportunities for clients and company.
- Designed and created web newsletters.
- Updated website content.
- Manage publicity office and hiring and supervising of interns.
- Administered support and account management for select accounts of MHP.
- Set up national and regional tour media opportunities.
- Coordinated interviews and in-person appearances between clients and media.
Public Relations Associate
What Are Records? Boulder, CO March 2000– October 2002
- Wrote and edited press releases, content for artist and record label websites, and built artist portfolios.
- Managed publicity campaigns for artist roster and label.
- Chose national and regional press outlets and contacted them through phone and email.
- Facilitated interviews, meetings and professional media development of touring artists.
- Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher, Filemaker Pro, Ekklesia Website publishing, Shelby, ProPresenter, Outlook Express, and Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver).