556 56TH STREET, NYC
Collection of articles: https://chinaboundsite.wordpress.com/
Linkedin Profile: https://cn.linkedin.com/in/kathryn-grant
American Chamber of Commerce Online Content Manager March 2015-September 2016
- Edited and wrote for monthly periodical, Insight. Reporting included monthly column interviewing various Chamber personalities, feature articles on a variety of U.S. – China topics, and all Chamber events.
- Worked heavily with graphic designers for entire print and website presence.
- Web management responsibilities included WordPress and basic HTML. Tasks included design and maintenance of Wordpress site and weekly compilation of Chamber HTML-based newsletter using Dreamweaver software.
- Managed Chamber’s complete social media presence including Chinese platform WeChat, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Hops Magazine Managing Editor- Hops Magazine June 2010-March 2015
- Managed team of a wholly Chinese business environment including graphic designers, freelance writers and Hops interns.
- Converted business model to revenue based through expansion of paid advertising/sponsorship partners.
- Managed yearly budget.
- Negotiated various advertising contracts with imported food and beverage companies.
- Assigned, edited, and conceptualized all articles for publication.
- Managed Hops website, including executing initial design and regular post maintenance.
- Organized Hops events throughout Shanghai and Beijing.
Wall Street English Business English Teacher and Content Creator January 2008-June 2010
- Designed and implemented business English curriculum for adult students.
- Tutored various business professionals and monitored progress through weekly tests.
- Writing and editing across different markets
- Strategic social media management
- WordPress and HTML
- Conversational Mandarin (HSK2), beginning Arabic
University of Oregon 2004-2008
Bachelor of Arts - Anthropology Oregon, USA
American University in Cairo 2006-2007
Study Abroad, Archaeology Cairo, Egypt