23-25 30th Dr. Apt. 1A, Astoria, NY 11102
firstname.lastname@example.org / (516) 578-6982
A professional and versatile multimedia journalist with six years experience of content creation and on-air experience in fast-paced news environments. Diversified skills include reporting, copy editing, video production, staff management and social media best practices.
BCforward (the primary consultant to Facebook Trending News), New York, N.Y. Dec. 2014-Sept. 2016
Copy editor. Managed a staff of 25 news curators to deliver real-time content for the world’s largest social media platform. Promoted from news curator to copy editor in July 2015.
- Monitored all aspects of breaking/trending news including world and national news, politics, sports, science, technology, health, gaming, entertainment and lifestyle.
- Line edited news curators’ submissions for grammar, punctuation, adherence to Associated Press and Facebook style, clarity and factual accuracy.
- Instituted direct feedback program to elevate performance of individual team members
- Implemented a news agenda to keep track of any topics needing updates throughout a day/week.
DeSales Media Group, Inc. Brooklyn, N.Y. June 2012-Dec. 2014 (Continuing on freelance basis)
Sports editor/TV correspondent/editorial staff. Wrote sports column and general news assignments and assisted with editing The Tablet, a 77,000-circulation weekly Catholic newspaper serving the Diocese of Brooklyn.
- Developed weekly television segment on NET-TV show “Currents” covering local youth, high school, college and professional sports. Edited video segments using Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere.
- Managed Tablet website and social media pages. Created Tablet’s Twitter page in May 2013 (currently more than 1,300 followers). Renovated Tablet’s Facebook page (currently more than 4,000 Likes).
- Drove campaigns to improve readership, including polls, boosting posts and photo slideshows.
- Two articles awarded Honorable Mention for Best Sports Feature at the 2013 Catholic Press Awards.
Freelance Journalist. July 2010-Aug. 2015.
Ongoing contributor to several well-known regional publications.
- SNY.tv: Blog contributor who wrote editorial content for New York Giants and Brooklyn Nets team websites. Hosted weekly New York Giants podcast, “Big Blue Blitzcast.”
- Long Island Report: Managing editor for local news/multimedia website in charge of 75-plus contributors. Won first place 2012 Press Club of Long Island award for Best Website.
- Newsday.com: Sports desk programming intern responsible for organizing website’s home page.
- Long Island Press: Intern reporter for 85,000-circulation weekly newspaper. Won first place N.Y. Press Association: Best Sports Feature 2011 for cover story examining baseball on Long Island.
Hofstra University, Hempstead, N.Y. Graduated May 2012.
Master of Arts in Journalism, GPA 3.91
College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Va. Graduated May 2010.
Bachelor of Arts in History, Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology and Health Sciences
Chaminade High School, Mineola, N.Y. Graduated June 2006.
Content Management Systems, QuarkXpress, Google Analytics, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere
REFERENCES: Available upon request.